2006-11-15

I Kumbaya'ed them to sleep

J: "I'm not comfortable!"

Me: "Hush little baby..."

J: "I don't want THAT song!"

"Ok, how about a new one?"

J sits up. "What?"

"Lie down and listen."

J lies down.

"Kumbaya my Lord, Kumbaya..."

"Someone's singing, Lord, Kumbaya..."

"Someone's praying, Lord, Kum..."

J: "What does Kumbaya mean, anyway?"

"Come by here. We're asking the Lord to come near."

"Someone's sleeping Lord, Kumbaya..." (that's MY prayer right there...)

"Someone's resting, Lord, Ku..."

J sits up. "Why do we want the Lord to come near when you're resting, though?"

"J, we want the Lord to be near us in every situation, don't we? OK, no more questions. Just lie down and listen, alright?"

"Someone's crying Lord, Kumbaya..."

"Kumbaya, my Lord..."

J: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

soygreentlatte said...

I love J's inquisitive mind! You can't pull a fast one on her :)

Glad that you were able to get her to sleep...