2007-01-01

superduper

with two friends recently switching to mac (lured by the ever so enticing MacBook Pro) I thought I'd share a neat utility that no one should be without: superduper. It's a backup utility for OSX that really is very nice. And because the new year's is always a good time for resolutions, make "Back up regularly" one of your resolutions for 2007. Somewhere down the line you'll thank yourself for doing so.

The nice thing about superduper is it's free, although you can pay for it and unlock extra features. I'd encourage you to at least use the free version to make a backup of your hard drive. Of course, you need some kind of external hard drive to back up to. And one might question the reliability of backing up one fallible medium to the same fallible medium, but hey, it's better than nothing. You can make the stack of DVD backups some other time, but for me, I'm backing up my hard drive overnight, automatically. It'll even shut down the computer when it's done. How cool is that?

Here's hoping your hard drive never crashes, but for those who have experienced that sinking, gut wrenching feeling, you know how much a backup is worth!

Happy 2007!

technorati tags:, , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

DBush said...

I'll check it out, thanks.

I've already backed up all photos, from both Mac & PC, onto my External HD.

I just finished putting all my music on my MBP today...So I will back it up too this week.... (about 23 Gigs)

But you're right, a scheduled full Hard Drive backup would be a good idea!