2006-10-22

when you dream...

... what do you dream about?

I had a recurring nightmare when I was a teenager which, when I think about it, was very odd. It started with a general sense of foreboding. I am walking down what seems to be a subway platform, but there's no train in the station. Then the scene cuts to what can only be described as a sense of extreme claustrophobia. My face is really close to something, and I can see electricity zapping between two points on the surface of this thing. I am aware that I cannot move, and I am pressed in tightly on all sides. Have you ever stared at something so intently that your focus became so tight that the spot you were focusing on seemed to rise toward you? If you have, it kind of felt like that. Anyway, back and forth it goes, between the empty platform and the feeling of being pressed in. Ultimately the final scene is on the platform. As I walk, I look over to where the track should be, but there is no track there. In fact, there is nothing there at all. It is simply emptiness, a black void.

And at that I would wake up.

Nowadays, I think I mostly can't remember my dreams... I'm still recovering from post-kids sleep deprivation... :)

3 comments:

DBush said...

Sorry, haven't been around in a while...

I used to have a re-occuring nightmare when I was a kid....I
m gonna say around 10 ish - 14 ish.

It was always my family and I lost in this huge castle, we would go room to room and couldn't find our way out and then my whole family got out through a 'portal' (think Half-Life type portal). But I was LEFT BEHIND!!! Eeekk.
That's about all of it I remember...But it happened every year...I think around the same time too. I remember that my 'character' in my dream was a 'grown' boy (again, around 10 or something) but still in diapers.)

Weird.

Now I just resort to talking in my sleep...

Laura-Marie said...

Fabulous scary dream.

Mine usually involve out of control cars, which I'm in, or big waves, which are about to hit me.

divine.conspiracy said...

Another recurring theme is walking around the house in semi-darkness, and going to the doorway of a very dark room, flipping the light switch... and nothing happens.