2007-03-23

cool...

well, with my new Core2Duo MacBook Pro, at least Flock sure is a lot zippier. I haven't really tested anything serious out yet, just been doing basic setting up, transferring of files and installing applications. I installed Lightroom but I haven't set up my library yet, so there's no pictures to play with. I'll be doing some work with Nuendo/Cubase SX soon, so I'll let you know how that goes. And yes, I installed Windows XP so I could work with Nuendo... I've been busy, no time to play, I guess.

Back to Flock. Flock used to take a good 10 seconds to open a new window, which was really annoying when you clicked on a link and nothing happened for 10 seconds. Now it opens a new window in under a second. Much more useable! :) I love Flock for blogging, because it gives me a nice offline blog editor, and works with blogger and wordpress.

I thought I'd share a bunch of applications that I downloaded in the course of setting up my new computer. Maybe you'll find some of them usefull. They are in no particular order, but are mostly web tools or media tools, or just cool stuff. Go searching for them at macupdate.com, they have tons of stuff. I like it better than VersionTracker. It's just nicer. I dunno.

  • Adium
  • Books 3.0
  • Bootcamp
  • bpmWidget
  • Carbon Copy Cloner
  • Cyberduck
  • flock
  • FontExplorerX
  • Google Earth
  • Growl
  • iSquint
  • iStat pro
  • MediaFork
  • MenuMeters
  • OnyX
  • Quicksilver
  • SilverKeeper from LaCIe
  • Skype
  • Shades
  • TextWrangler
  • Vienna
  • VLC
  • Flip4Mac Windows Media Components

I'm using Shades right now, actually, because it's late and I'm typing in bed, and N is asleep. It keeps the brightness of the screen down to a more comfortable level. And cool, my keys are backlit! woo hoo! :)

technorati tags:, , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

DBush said...

Wow...You're just moving along in no time.

I'm still waiting for Windows XP to go down in price to get both OS's running...Not for anything serious, I just want to use it for all my PC games ;-)

I'm always hesitant to d/l new apps, as I don't want to clutter my MBP, and never sure if I will REALLY NEED it.

Tony said...

Never heard of Flock. Gunna have to check it out. Just got info.xhead for keeping track of all the passwords and login stuff one can accumulate over the years. Same makers of Flip4Mac have a new DVD imaging app out now called Drive In. Check it out HERE
Also, www.iusethis.com is interesting.

divine.conspiracy said...

thanks for the links, looks cool!