2007-04-03

and so it ends

I took the bars off T's crib on Saturday. Unlike another father who shared with me, I did not cry or get emotional. Strange. My 'babies' are growing up, and I'm glad. Her new found freedom has so far resulted in a reduction of night visits, rather than an increase. I found that with J too. The novelty of a 'big girl' bed really keeps them there. This morning she woke up and came to our room with her little pillow and doll.

Me: Good morning...

T: Hi. (climbs into our bed)

Me: Why do you have your pillow?

T: Because. (smiles)

Me: It's wake up time.

T: Ok. I can get out of my bed now!

Me: (smiles) I know.

T: Ok. Bye! (hops down and wanders back down the hall)


technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

3 comments:

soygreentlatte said...

maybe you didn't cry or get emotional but I think that I am! I can't believe how fast they are growing - wow!

divine.conspiracy said...

ha ha, yeah, i'm so cold and heartless... :) no, actually, it was kind of fun, we did it together, me and the girls.

giz lau said...

i totally teared