2007-04-17

facebook... i guess it was time

In response to K, to get her to join VIRB, I joined facebook.

And then something very strange happened. It asked me for my email, so it could search through my address book and see if anyone in there is on facebook. Now that is a cool feature. And then it imported all my blog posts via RSS. Nice.

If I were to characterize the social networks, I'd say myspace is like a community bulletin board where everybody just throws stuff on all over the place, facebook is like the white pages, and VIRB is like going to the record store to hang out.

But what do I know... :)

facebook was all over the news yesterday after the VT shootings... so sad, so heartbreakingly sad.


technorati tags:,

Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

DBush said...

Ya...what's with ppl adding me as a friend? How is my name even on there?

No friend of Facebook is a friend of mine. ;) OK...I kid....

Although the owner of this blog has succumbed to peer pressure, I hold fast.......

.....for another day.

divine.conspiracy said...

when people send you an invite, it's formatted as a request to add you as a friend. Your name isn't on there, unless you click through on the link in the invite email and set up an account.

At least that's how I think it works.