2006-08-15

Tasha, Tasha, Tasha...

As recently as last month, Tasha would cry when we dropped her off at nursery during service. She would get really upset, to the point of throwing up. But one Sunday, we asked her if she was going to cry this week.

She said, "No. No cry. Babies cry." (except she says cry with a "w" instead of an "r"... so cute)

"And you're not a baby any more?"

"No. Babies cry."

Now we just laughed and thought it was so good that she would say that, and indeed, she didn't cry that week, or thereafter. But now, she's turned it on her big sister:

(Jackie gets upset about something and starts crying.)

Tasha: "No! Babies cry!"

Jackie: (crying) "I know, but I just can't... I have to cry!"

Tasha: "No! Babies cry!"

Jackie: (crying) "No Tasha! I can cry!"

Tasha: "No! Babies cry!"

Parents: <sigh>

Oh, the drama!

technorati tags:, ,

Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

Duncan and Jen said...

i love it i love it! babies kwhy! but i'm with jackie, sometimes, you just gotta have a good CRY!!! =)

divine.conspiracy said...

that's exactly right. I couldn't figure out how to type "kwhy" and have it look right... you got it!

Melody said...

I have relayed this story to about ten people. AND Ben and I use the phrase "I can kwhy!" when we are feeling cranky and it sends us into hysterics. Please keep these posts coming!

divine.conspiracy said...

Thanks Melody,

There's so much funny stuff that happens around here... I had to encapsulate it and save it somehow. I'll try to keep the posts frequent! I'm glad you're enjoying them!