2006-08-02

WWDC on Monday...

For those of you who don't know, I'm a big Mac geek. I love keeping up to date on all the latest Mac happenings, Mac news, anything to do with Apple. On the day of Macworld Keynote, I used to try to not look at any of the announcements until I had watched the stream of the keynote via Quicktime. Kinda like when we didn't have cable and we got people to tape the Raptors games for us, we'd have to create our own media blackout so we didn't hear the score before we watched the tape.

Anyhow, it is with great anticipation that I await the start of WWDC, the World Wide Developers Conference. Not really a general public event like MacWorld, and I have no interest nor skill in doing any program developing (think typing in programs from BYTE into a Vic20) ... but Steve Jobs is giving a keynote Monday morning, and he might introduce something new, besides OSX 10.5 Leopard, and besides iTunes movies... which in itself would be kind of cool, but I'm _really_ much more interested in what the specs of the Pro Towers are going to be... *salivating*

As you may or may not have heard, Apple is transitioning to Intel chips. The last remaining segment of their lineup is the towers, having already switched the consumer mini and iMac to Intel, and the whole laptop line (MacBook and MacBook Pro). So what will it be, Steve? Core 2 Duo? *meh* dual-processor Woodcrest with 4 cores each? *woohoo*

And of course, the most important question: how will it look? :)

Oh, and Nikon is introducing a new camera in 7 days... will the excitement never end?!?

2 comments:

Duncan and Jen said...

hey what happened to my last comment?? hi!

divine.conspiracy said...

i'm not sure what you mean by "your last comment"? I don't know what happened to it.